September 4, 2013

A Painting Lesson

Recently some friends (Tamara, Mandy and Tina) and I had a special painting lesson with Laura Kline, who is an artist and friend of ours. We had won the lesson in an auction held this past spring.

It was a very relaxing and enjoyable meeting. We met at the Pepin Mansion in New Albany, IN. Wow! What a palace it is. (photo on left from Wikimedia; on the right is a photo I took of part of the ceiling in one room)



File:Victor Pepin House in Mansion Row.jpg










The evening came with wine and chocolate!


Below is our teacher, Laura, with the model we were going to copy. We used acrylics. I had never done this before.










We first had to paint the entire canvas with the background color, and then we dried them with hair dryers.








 Then we had to cut out and place paper forms to trace around with chalk.









Next we painted the actual symbols.






I wanted to do something different, so I attempted to do a painting of the Mystical Rose symbol. It was very hard to figure out how to divide a circle in five. I think I will do mine over. 
The fleur de lys paintings looked better!

Here we are with our masterpieces! 


It was fun and easier than I thought! In fact, I have an appointment to do another such painting class at a different place in a couple of weeks. This time it will be a tropical sunset painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment