September 24, 2013

An Evening of Elegance

 Now, in preparation for this ball, I had gotten really ambitious and made myself a new dress, plus made a dress for Kim. Here is the fabric I chose for Kim's dress:


So here is my gorgeous friend, getting ready at the hotel:



She did her hair and mine....


Finally, we arrived at the ball, which was held in a real ballroom on Fourth St. in Louisville. (It was the same place where we held our first two years of Ignite.) Here you can see my dress as well as hers.



The other friends who were there with me: left to right, Siena, Siena's dad Mark, her mom Tamara, and Mandy and Peter Bifone

 Here I am with Don Corson, our English Country Dance instructor, whose lessons I attend and who called the dances at the ball:

 Here is Don with the lovely Kathy, one of the dance "students" who is quite an expert and who warmly welcomes any newcomer to the dance group:

Well, well... our sedan chair friend and his wife! 
(Look at the lovely overlay on her dress.... oh, to sigh for, to die for!)


There was a balcony, from which we could watch the dances 
if we couldn't do them all or if we needed a rest. Let me tell you, dancing, even this seemingly slow, very proper dancing, is exercise!





The ball went on till 10:30 PM. We both wished it would just keep going! 
We were NOT ready to stop.

 After a full day of such elegance, courtesy, beauty and manners, 
it was hard to go back to everyday life. 
And Kim kept saying during the following days, "We need to find us a MANSERVANT!"


1 comment:

  1. Wow, this looks like so much fun! I can't believe you made those dresses. They look amazing! I'm jealous!

    Sounds like you had an awesome summer. And who couldn't use a manservant?! I'd settle for a maid or possibly a cook! :)

    ReplyDelete