October 23, 2015

Living in Jane Austen's World, Part 2: The Fashion Show

On the first day of the conference, there was a luncheon and style show. Since it cost extra, I did not go to it, but I managed to worm my way behind the scenes where the ladies were being prepared! So I got a good look at the outfits nonetheless.

Here is my friend Amy being transformed:



A close-up of her lovely bonnet (I so love pink and pale green together!):

Now here's a bonnet for ya:



Surprise!

Ooooooh, my favorite colors, red and gold together:



Goodness, the poor lady on the left.... can you imagine having to wear a tunnel like that?!
I *can* tell you that she hated it, poor thing!

It seems that headgear and gloves were an integral part of every outfit worn outside the home. 
At least, that's the impression I got.




Almost ready for the runway.... Smile.....



No comments:

Post a Comment