December 16, 2013

Happy 238th Birthday, Jane Austen!

Today, December 16, is Jane Austen's birthday. She was born in 1775, so she would be 238 years old today. Yesterday, at Locust Grove in Louisville, I attended a tea in honor of her birthday.



There was a lecture beforehand, on the art of walking and its importance in the novels. After that we had tea along with savories and sweets. There was live music, too.


Of course, I found a bonnet to covet....


...and a dress to covet, or at least a fabric. Look at that pink satin fabric with gold! Ooooooh!


Here are two pictures of those of us who were dressed in our Regency attire.



Here I am with my friend Stephanie. We were posing in front of some of the many decorations which had been made out of pages of Austen's books.


And finally, here is a close-up of my bonnet, which I decorated for the party. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment