February 18, 2013

My Week in Pictures

Last week was such a great week. Something interesting or exciting happened every single day!



SUNDAY

I attended Baby Liam Joseph's Baptism after Mass. He was only 3 days old. Congratulations, Bryan and Siena!

Isn't he darling? I am always amazed at how the human heart can seemingly love an ever-increasing number of people. There is always room for one more. Luckily I think there will always be one more baby coming that we can love!










MONDAY

My friend Margaret had just arrived home from a week in Rome. My family and her family got together to listen to the stories of her pilgrimage and look at her pictures. Here is the cake her sister Katie made to welcome her home. Wasn't that sweet?

Margaret came home late Sunday night, and woke up Monday to the very sobering news of the Pope's resigning. What a shock it was for all of us.




TUESDAY

It was Mardi Gras. According to our family tradition, I had to have pancakes for supper, so my friend Stephanie and I went out to Cracker Barrel. After that we went to Wal-Mart to look at fabric. I want to make Molly a dress, so I took some photos of some fun fabrics I might use. 

Molly liked this one when I showed her the pictures some days later. Oh, did you guess that she likes ladybugs?








WEDNESDAY

It was Ash Wednesday, so of course I was starving all day. But Stephanie remembered that she had an extra sewing machine that she could give me. It has only been used once. I was SO excited. Now I can sew whenever I want! I can't believe it!

After a dress for Molly, I need to make myself another Regency dress that is not for balls, but less formal.





THURSDAY

Today was Valentine's Day. On the way to work I was amazed to see that the daffodils are already "bloomified" as my brother Michael put it. We have had such a warm winter that they have bloomed quite a bit earlier than normal. Usually I see them around the first week of March.






FRIDAY

I had organized an afternoon tea at Theo's house. Theo is the lady in the middle of the picture. Our guests were Gwen (at left) and her lovely daughter Erin (on the right), who live next door to the community where I work. We were celebrating Valentine's Day a day late.



I am beginning to think I have a calling to revive the very civilized and civilizing custom of having fancy teas. I do love them!

Erin had brought some homemade chocolate eclairs. YUM! Take a closer look at our goodies.








SATURDAY

I went to Versailles, KY with my friend Pat to meet Sr. Gemma, and all 3 of us went out for lunch at the Woodford Inn, a historic house which is now a bed and breakfast/restaurant. We had a great lunch. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures, and their website is not letting me steal any, either. But I assure you the dining room is lovely and the food was very good. I had fish 'n chips. We were celebrating Pat's birthday, which was back in January. (Website: Woodford Inn)

Sunday (yesterday) was a day all in itself, but I will have to do that post later... I am getting a little weary of waiting for photos to upload. It takes a long time! : )



1 comment:

  1. You certainly lead an exciting life :) Quite a lot of parties for the first week of Lent, hmmmm? Very fun to see all the pics. I covet your sewing machine!!!

    ReplyDelete